Enchanted Time Line

Enchanted Time Line

Thanks for visiting my Choc-Nut Wrapper blog. This is where I'm keeping some treasured memories that my family had over the years. I wanted to share these captured images with friends and relatives. Please come back whenever you want to see what's new with us. Feel free to post a reply if you see something you like or just want to get in touch....

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The journey not the arrival matters

Apo Idon Beach Resort (Pagudpod, Ilocos Norte) After more than 7 hours of leisure ride from our Apartelle at Baguio City we finally reached Pagudpud. At 3:00 PM We were at the reception counter of Apo Idon Beach Hotel. The place was owned by Mr. and Mrs. Romero, a young couple who was very friendly and made sure our stay is comfortable. Their staffs were all very friendly and are always ready to help us. October was a lean season, but not like what I have though, there were more guest at Apo Idon than I have expected. Next to me at the reception, was a group of Elders, “Balikbayans” I thought, asking also for their reserved room. Seated near the hammock, fronting the beach was a foreigner looking couple enjoying the site and sound of the sea. On our way to our room, we passed by the swimming pool were a young family with their 3 kids dipping on the pool. Their eldest probably at the same age with my youngest grade 1 daughter. Who would have missed Koreans? Of course, a group of Koreans were at the restaurant enjoying a lazy afternoon. Apo Idon is in between Terra Rika and Villamar Resort, parking was a challenge at the resort. Just right after placing our bags, the kids had change into their swimsuits and was ready for a quick swim at the beach. As a good safety measure, hubby and I were always with the kids while swimming at the beach. Seven hours of travel were all worth it. Crystal blue water, golden white sand, quiet, secluded and romantic place, what else can you ask for, it was a perfect family quality time. An hour past and I have to asked the kids to grab their things and get back to the hotel. We were at Apo Idon's pool when night started to set in. At 7:30 evening, the dinner I had requested earlier was ready at the hotel’s restaurant. Food was good enough but with very few selections. The beach was a stone throw away from the hotel’s restaurant. You can hear the splashing of waves while savoring the taste of “Bagnet” (local delicacy) being melted in your mouth. Bottled water is much expensive than a litter of diesel, good thing we have bought bottled water at Laoag and they let us bring it in our table with no extra charge. My hubby told me that was the reason he was drinking beer instead of water, but I thought otherwise. It was a quiet night; air was not humid so we enjoyed staying in front of the beach just outside the restaurant, with my two daughters alternating on the hammock with their kuya giving them the push. "Lonely Planet" has a very good reason in choosing Apo Idon. Pipe in music was playing a light jazz at the restaurant, it was almost 10:00 in the evening when we went up to our rooms and call it a day.






















No comments: